Friday 20 June 2008

Congratulations to Me!!

So, I have been a bit silent earlier in the week because I had a job interview coming up and I was hectically trying to prepare, in addition to everything else I had to do, then I had a wee trip down south for the interview. But I found out today that I was successful. Woohoo! It's not a permanent job, but a two-year postdoctoral research contract on a subject very, very close to my own. So close, that it is actually a natural progression, rather than a detour, as research projects can sometimes be. So that is all great. To all those other recently completed Drs out-there swimming in the sea of unknown employment, I finally hit land, so have hope!

Now I just need to get the book finished before I start. And, the countdown (ten weeks) begins...

(I need to find out how to get one of those wee 'words written' counters on the side bar!!)

4 comments:

September Blue said...

Excellent! Congratulations!

Feminist Avatar said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

I haven't quite reached the point of despair yet!

Saranga said...

Congratulations! Sounds great.